Up North Vacation Lodging
Why do solo travelers, couples, families and groups of guys or gals vacation in Door County? It might have something to do with the scenic attractions, cherry picking, vineyards, lighthouses, shipwrecks, Great Lake beaches and shorelines, live music, pubs and restaurants. Iconic towns like Washington Island, Gills Rock, Ellison Bay, Sister Bay, Ephraim, Fish Creek, Baileys Harbor, Egg Harbor, Sturgeon Bay (each with its own distinct vibe) are surrounded by beautiful natural landscapes and five state parks. Door County’s parks and trails are open year-round so strap skiis or snowshoes to your feet and don’t let winter keep you indoors. One of our favorites is the Ahnapee State Trail - which goes from Sturgeon Bay to Kewaunee.
These vacation rentals are in beautiful Door County. Nearby are the finest selection of charming restaurants, tours (land and cool narrated waterfront cruises), artistic shops, galleries and museums.
Explore Algoma cabins and vacation homes near Lake Michigan and Door County. Combine charm with beautiful lakefront and you have Algoma, WI. Found on the Eastern edge of the state, this small lakeside town overlooks the expansive Lake Michigan and is the place to be if any activity involving water calls your name.
Come to where artists, writers, and dreamers fill their eclectic shops with one-of-a-kind pieces. What else will you find? A diverse restaurant scene, beautiful rental homes on the bluff or on the water, Ellison Bluff County Park, a variety of pubs, a ferry ride to Washington island.
Unplug to play! Leave the technology behind and see a beautiful marina, breathtaking shoreline on the northern end of the Door peninsula. This is your chance to experience something new like fishing off the docks, kayaking, canoeing and paddleboarding. Fly through the air on a zip line.
Located at the northernmost end of Green Bay as you enter Door County, just 25 minutes from Lambeau Field — the celebrated home of the Green Bay Packers. Explore Door County one day and go to a Packer Football Game the next.
A couples’s retreat or girls weekend in Door County is required every year. These are known facts:
• Couples and families who experience Cabin Time in Door County are happier than those who collect things.
• Once you develop a curiosity for Door County vacation destinations, you’ll only want to explore more and return often.
• A weekend exploring like a nomadic settler will put open you eyes to what life was like as a fishermen, mariner, and shipbuilder.
• Meet local farmers at seasonal Farmers Markets in every town.
• This is your change to do things on vacation you wouldn’t normally do. Kayaking, hiking or biking are great bonding exercises for couples;)
• Your relationship grows during a Wisconsin vacation in ways that it can’t at home.
• Vacations put people in a good mood. Here’s to your next Door County cabin adventure.
Monthly newsletter and other surprises.